And if you suck instead of blow – you skip that pesky chewing part. 😉
Powerful nutrition in 3 capsules! Our newest encapsulated multi formula is the highest potency member of our multi family of products.Designed to meet the latest guidelines* just add one of our great selection of calcium products and you are ready to go for the day.Contains a full 3000 IU vitamin D3, 400 mg Magnesium, 45 mg Iron, and a unique phytonutrient blend to support good health.You also get at least 200 % DV for all the B vitamins, a full range of trace minerals, and all four fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in water-miscible forms.Our new Ultra Formula is a great choice for anyone who wants the benefits of great nutrition with nothing to chew.
- Via – Bariatric Advantage
- Use my code if you'd like –
- Price – $19.95 for 90, $49.95 for 270
- Pros – No chewing, everything but calcium is in this dose
- Cons – None that I can see
- Rating – Pouchworthy, I am waiting to see if I can handle the size to swallow them – I am sure they are fine.
Before you even suggest it, this vendor had already packed up and left when Michelle and I tried this product with the CEO of a vitamin company. We tried his personal samples. We were not breaking anyone's Code Of Conduct. KTHANKS.
I doubted it. I did not want to try it. I was told that Artic Zero was "nasty," and that I would hate it.
When I saw a shelf of Artic Zero frozen desserts in our local grocery store, I was half-tempted, but not entirely, because *FISTS IN THE AIR!* GUYS!?
It's ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY CALORIES FOR A WHOLE DOG GAMNED PINT OF ICED CREAMED CONFECTIONARY GOODNESS!
A WHOLE PINT.
- 150 calories per pint & all natural
- Fat free & gluten free
- Lactose intolerant friendly
- Contains 8 grams of fiber
- 14 grams of whey protein concentrate
- If, you eat the whole pint.
If you are a bariatric patient, you ain't eatin' no WHOLE PINT OF NOTHIN'. Even at my stage, nine years, I don't eat a pint of any one food ever — not unless I want to take a trip to sleepy-town-next-stop-dump-city-with-a-side-of-NO.
I bought two, which cost me more than I would ever spend on frozen confections but I did it for Science! The blog. $4.99 each. GASP! I bought Chocolate and Vanilla Maple.
Last night I noticed that Some Child Of Mine had dug into the Chocolate and I had to save it from it's certain death — and I stole it back for review. (Her review – "I'd eat it." Because she did. I stole it back.)
First impression, the product is solid like a rock and you must absolutely leave it out for a few minutes and allow it to melt a bit for best results. It freezes quite hard because of it's high-water level and it's not palatable totally frozen solid. Sccccrrrrraaaaaaappppeeeeee.
Once it's a little bit un-frozen, it's good to go. My first taste reaction was that of a frozen diet hot chocolate, with no grit, no textural issues, perfectly smooth. Another similarity might be a diet fudgsicle or the chocolate part of a chocolate and vanilla ice-cream cup.
It could use more sweetness to personal preference, however it is a lower-sugar product and I would NOT want more real sugar added TO it. The first few tastes were slightly bland, but it was better after that. I considered adding a packet of flavoring or something to it – perhaps a shake of powdered peanut butter – sugar-free syrup or chopped super dark chocolate would have done the trick. However I didn't add anything to it, and I ate two servings without anything on it – and was perfectly happy that way.
Here are the nutritional stats –
Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter,Mint Chocolate Cookie
INGREDIENTS: PURIFIED WATER, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, CHICORY ROOT, DUTCH PROCESSED COCOA POWDER WITH ALKALI, GUAR GUM, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT, MONK FRUIT CONCENTRATE.
INGREDIENTS: PURIFIED WATER, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, CHICORY ROOT, GUAR GUM, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT, MONK FRUIT CONCENTRATE.
I am pleased to say I had little to no reaction to the fiber in the product – and I react to EVERYTHING. There are many products that I cannot TOUCH (RIP Quest Bars, signed my gut) because of their ingredient profiles. Thumbs up Arctic Zero.
Next up, Vanilla Maple.
Now, full disclosure – if you are a "typical" dairy ice cream eater – this is not THAT stuff. This is a frozen diet confection for those of us who DO NOT EAT full-fat dairy ice cream.
There's a reason I can't eat ice cream.
(RIP ice cream, signed lactose intolerance via roux en y gastric bypass.) Dairy ice cream contains lots of high-fat cream content and mouth-feel. Also, many types of ice cream contain chunks of high-fat candy and high-calorie junk. This product is a diet confection and contains only 37 calories for a reason.
Keep that in mind and if you're going to add loads of crap BACK TO IT, why bother?
I'm going to buy a case of all the flavors via Amazon to keep on hand in my chest freezer for those ice-cold cravings. Because, sometimes I crave it, and I can't have it.
- Product - Arctic Zero Frozen Dessert
- Price – $3.26 on Amazon – $4.99 at WalMart
- Pros – Under 40 calories per serving, 150 for entire pint, 5 grams sugar per serving, 0 fat, 0 lactose, Fat free & gluten free, Lactose intolerant friendly, Contains 8 grams of fiber, 14 grams of whey protein concentrate
- Cons – Tad pricey, urge to add stuff to it.
- Rating – Pouchworthy, MM
- The First Yogurt For Men. The Greek Yogurt that’s high-protein, all-natural and great tasting, in a man-sized package. Specifically designed for the active lifestyle. www.powerful.yt
You know how I like a man-sized package.
It's too bad that the nutrition stats rock, 'cause this girl would totally try it, even though you probably don't want me to. Not only am I a girl, but a former fat chick.
- Product – Powerful Protein Greek Yogurt
- Facebook – Powerful Protein
- Price – $2.00-$3.00
- Location – Nowhere near here – send me one?
- Pros – Zero fat, super high protein
- Cons – Silly branding, although, I get it. Yogurt branding is SO SILLY. "Activia!" I get it. Boys deserve their own bull-branded red-colored boy-gurts or something. I am being totally facetious. Send me some. These stats are wonderful.
NO GUT FAIL = I LOVE YOU.
OR. When Beth leaves WalMart And Goes Into A Regular Grocery Store She Finds Food!
I love these little nutbars. I've been eating them all week. I love you Glenny's. My gut thanks you for making a NON-SUGAR ALCOHOL PRODUCT.
PEANUTS, AGAVE, SYRUP, PEANUT BUTTER, BROWN RICE SYRUP, SUNFLOWER OIL (SUNFLOWER OIL, ROSEMARY EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL), SALT. MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES OTHER TREE NUTS, SOY AND SESAME. MAY CONTAIN PIT OR SHELL FRAGMENTS. MANUFACTURED IN A CERTIFIED GLUTEN FREE PLANT. NON-GMO.
- Product – Glenny's Peanut + Peanut Butter Bars
- Via – I bought these at Market Basket in the candy aisle next to the chocolate which I was considering – but I am getting them on Amazon now.
- Price – Wicked good on Amazon. $12.40/case of 12, $1.05/est. each
- Pros – Super simple ingredients, no gut rumbles, no sugar alcohols, no fiber gut death! Non-GMO. YAY FOR MM! (You really have no idea, I am SO SENSITIVE TO FOOD, I react TO EVERYTHING.)
- Cons – I can't eat them all day, THEY ARE PEANUTS, high in calories, don't overdo it, silly!
- Rating – Pouchworthy, MM
Nature's Best set out to create a product that didn't hide anything from its customers. We wanted you to know that you're purchasing the best product available on the market. Our protein source is clearly identified as 100% Whey Protein Isolate. We didn't try to confuse you by listing a protein blend that doesn't tell you how much of the product is superior whey protein isolate and how much is whey protein concentrate or sweet whey or some other inferior protein source. Furthermore, ISOPURE contains 0g of sugar and is instantized so it can be taken anywhere and mixed with a spoon."
- 100% Whey Protein Isolate
- 50 grams of protein
- Espresso or Colombian Coffee Flavors
- 80 grams of caffeine
- 1 carb
Would you be reacting like I am over here?! SQUEE! SQUEE! OMG!
Gastric Bypass Supplements – Click to Nature's Best > Isopure