- Deciphering between the truths of others can cloud our ability to see our own reality.
- Holding onto the things that weigh us down can create debilitating physical FAT and emotional Falsely Acquired Thoughts (F.A.T.) Change the brain, change the body, and find out how to fight F.A.T. for real. Presented by Merrill Littleberry, LCSW, LCDC, CCM, CI-CPT, a licensed psychotherapist and understands the debilitating effects of emotional and physical weight.
- Photos from #YWM2013
- Your Weight Matters Convention
- Costume Party Beach Movie Theme – hence MM in shark, uh, mess
- Team Bariatric Bad Girls
- #BBGC Raises Nearly SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for the Walk From Obesity National Event for the SECOND YEAR in a ROW! GO TEAM BBGC!
- Two years of National Walks = $14,000!
- Thanks to everyone who donated – you're all eligible for prizes!
- See you in September 2014 in ORLANDO, FLORIDA!
- September 25 – 28, 2014 - Orlando, Florida
Katie Jay of www.nawls.com was the keynote speaker at an event at Southcoast Center for Weight Loss in Wareham, MA yesterday.
She is amazing.
Thank you, Katie.
Here we are –
150 patients returned to the Southcoast Center for Weight Loss Saturday for a reunion as the group marked its own milestone: 3,500 patients since Dr. Rayford Kruger launched the unit nine years ago.It is now the largest and busiest bariatric surgery program in New England, with three surgeons who perform about 650 procedures at Wareham's Tobey Hospital a year.
It's not uncommon for those of us who have lost massive amounts of weight with bariatric surgery to have major issues with body dysmorphic disorder or problems seeing ourselves the way we really look.
ObesityHelp, the leading weight loss surgery support community, announced today that Dr. Arya Sharma, world-renowned thought leader on obesity prevention and management will be the ObesityHelp 2013 National Conference Keynote Speaker.” The two day conference takes place in Anaheim, California.
On Saturday, October 5, 2013, Dr. Sharma will present his keynote “Moving Beyond Diet and Exercise”. Dr. Sharma told ObesityHelp, “As anyone battling obesity is well aware, the age-old mantra “Eat-Less-Move-More” (ELMM) is about as effective for weight management as watching a comedy show is for treating depression.”
During his keynote presentation, Dr. Sharma will discuss the many complex causes of weight gain and the many barriers to weight management including, time, stress, genetics, metabolism, sleep, trauma, mental health, medications and many others, to reveal why ELMM approaches to obesity management are so ineffective.
For agenda updates or to purchase tickets visit http://events.obesityhelp.com.