… this in my email -
I tried the new Celebrate Vitamins Chewable Calcium Citrate, and it's amazing. I will do a proper review, but these are worth a try even without a review. Or I could just steal BTV's video. That too. We all love this stuff. Yum-o.
Celebrate says, "We are pleased to introduce our new Celebrate Soft Chew Calcium Citrate. You will be amazed by the great taste of these SUGAR FREE calcium citrate soft chews! Available in 3 great flavors with each chew providing 250 mg of calcium citrate and 250 IU of vitamin D3, you won't ask how many you have to take, you will be asking how many do I GET to take?!"
Behealthydrinks focuses on top quality protein drinks and easy blending powders. Pure quality, whey protein isolate, with natural ingredients. All our products are are regularly tested for purity and manufactured in GMP certified and organic facilities…
Except – they do not ship your purchases. Who really gives a fuck WHERE it comes from? I KNOW where it comes from and I can SELL THE SAME PRODUCT TO YOU.
But, you'd get it. I'm not that nice right now.
Do not be fooled by the "new" names and "new" store front. This is the same company as Bariatric Eating, which has left hundreds of customers hanging.
The only communication I have received comes from an employee of BE — ON FACEBOOK. There has been zero actual customer-interaction in any way.
Shame on you, Susan Maria Leach. You could have done SO much with this situation.
- Previous store – www.bariatriceating.com
- New store – www.behealthydrinks.com
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/bariatriceating
- FL AG - http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes
Celebrate Vitamins announced it's new Celebrate Rewards program today!
How do you take advantage of Celebrate Rewards? It's simple:
1. Register on their site. Once registered, you will automatically be a member of our rewards program. If you were registered before we created Celebrate Rewards, then your account will be converted automatically.
2. Purchase your vitamins. Be sure that you sign in before placing your order.
3. Redeem Celebrate points for free or discounted products. You will be able to view your point balance from your account page and these points may be used at any time for the purchase of products from our website. Point balance will update once an order has been shipped. Points may be used at anytime once they are earned and they do not expire.
Whether you are a new or existing customer, you can now enjoy an additional benefit for choosing Celebrate Vitamins…
Funny thing about this product — I was ready to post a review about these particular chewable vitamins, and the company had a mad rush on it and sold nearly clear out. "Don't post yet! It's been too popular! WAIT!" I guess that means it's an automatic Pouchworthy, MM.
I was amused.
Celebrate makes a variety of tasty chewable vitamins for post bariatric patients, and this is one of the newest additions to the flavor family: Pineapple Strawberry.
Plus sweet, sweet…
When it comes to chewable multivitamins, there are two important things to consider, formulation and taste. No other bariatric multivitamin can compete with us on either. Developed specifically for surgical weight loss patients, Celebrate Bariatric Multivitamin provides the most thorough blend of vitamins and minerals available in a great tasting chewable. Our integrated formula provides maximum bioavailability as we have carefully selected each vitamin and mineral level and form to enhance interaction and absorption. Key things to look for in our multivitamin:
* Taste – When you have to take a product every day, it needs to be something that you like. Our Pineapple-Strawberry flavor chewable is unbeatable with a smooth texture (no grit) and great taste, it will be easy to maintain your compliance. This has a delicious pineapple flavor with just a hint of strawberry.
* Vitamin B-12 (cyanocobalamin) – With nearly 6,000% of the RDI of vitamin B-12, Celebrate Bariatric Multivitamin contains the highest level of B-12 available in a bariatric multivitamin. Studies have shown that at these levels, 95% of patients will NOT need additional sublingual B-12.
* B-Complex – In addition to vitamin B-12, the other b-complex vitamins are critical for your health following surgery. Certain B vitamins such as vitamin B1 (thiamin) are critical immediately following surgery and our multivitamin contains the most appropriate levels of each vitamin, in the proper form for bariatric surgery patients.
* Vitamin A – By blending pre-formed (retinyl palmitate) and beta-carotene to make up our vitamin A, we are providing the safest and most effective approach available for this key vitamin. This blend allows your body to regulate its intake of vitamin A, absorbing only what it needs to function properly.
*Magnesium – This critical mineral is most effective in the citrate form. Celebrate contains the highest percentage of magnesium citrate of any bariatric supplement.
* Chelated minerals – Chelation simply means, "attaching to". By chelating our mineral forms to amino acid, we have increased the likelihood that these minerals will be absorbed in a reduced acidic environment.
*Water Miscible ADEK – We utilize dry, water miscible forms of vitamins A, D, E, and K to further enhance absorption.
I tasted these vitamins a couple times prior to this review, at ASMBS and at the last Obesity Help Events, so this is not my first try. Here goes my attempt at pretending I haven't ever smelled them.
Biting the vitamin – it's sweet and a tad sour – delicious. You can taste both pineapple and a touch of berry, and like the other Celebrate Vitamins, it crumbles away into nice sugary texture. But, this product doesn't have any sugar, it's simply how it feels. Like. (Facebook has infiltrated my life. I am "liking" real life all too often.)
I must say that the initial flavor here – kicks ass. It's pineapple. This flavor profile would be awesome as the base of a protein shake. (Just saying for the sake of saying.)
The aftertaste is minor, as with most chewable vitamins, there's vitamins. But, I'm not at all displeased or running for a drink to "wash my mouth out." It was also simple to overdose for the sake of review — I've just ingested three chewable vitamins with ease and enjoyed them.
The stats –
- Product – Celebrate Multivitamin Chewable Pineapple Strawberry
- Via – Celebrate Vitamins
- Price – $15.95 for a 30 day supply
- Pros – Sweet mother of pineapple! Easy to take.
- Cons – ?
- Rating – Pouchworthy, MM.
Image via Wikipedia
The weight loss drug Qnexa has some safety risks. Um, duh?
Sure, it can can work to help you lose weight, but your heart gets cranky and you forget what you were blogging about. The FDA says the effects can get worse over time. Super.
Did I mention that although I couldn't feel my feet or remember my underwear — I heart Topamax? Because, since I quit taking it? I have gained weight. And, what's this about getting worse over time — I — still can't remember anything.
Send Qnexa. I don't care.
- Qnexa drug helped patients lose weight – FDA staff
- Qnexa tied to heart, memory problems and birth defects
- FDA staff say long-term safety with Qnexa unknown
Feb 17 (Reuters) – Vivus Inc's obesity drug Qnexa helped people lose weight but may cause long-term health problems in overweight and obese patients, U.S. drugs reviewers said.
Food and Drug Administration staff will ask an advisory panel to consider whether the drug's benefits for obese patients will outweigh its risk of birth defects and heart problems.
The FDA staff, in documents posted online on Friday, said patients taking Qnexa during a clinical trial lost more weight, and kept it off for longer, than patients taking a placebo, or sugar pill. These patients also had lower levels of problems associated with obesity, such as issues with blood pressure and blood sugar.
However, the FDA staff said patients taking the drug had more safety problems than patients on a placebo, including memory loss, and these problems could get worse over time. They also said exposure to one of the ingredients in Qnexa has been linked to a higher rate of birth defects in other studies.
Shares of Vivus rose 2.4 percent to $11.45 in pre-market trading.
An advisory panel of outside experts will vote Feb. 22 on whether to recommend the drug, and the FDA is due to make its final decision by April 17.
Qnexa is a combination of appetite suppressant phentermine and anti-seizure drug topiramate.
A company study in December showed topiramate caused a higher rate of oral clefts in infants of women taking the drug during pregnancy, and the company said it would limit Qnexa to women who are not pregnant.
The FDA already rejected Qnexa in 2010 because of safety concerns — including elevated heart rate in some users and the potential for birth defects if pregnant women used the drug.
Vivus resubmitted its application in October, proposing to limit the drug to only women who cannot have children. In January, the company broadened the label to just limit pregnant women from taking the drug, in response to an FDA request.