Mock Mashed Potatoes – George Stella – via OAC
A perfect side-dish for the fall and Thanksgiving!
Calories: 140 | Fat: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 4g
Doing without your favorite foods simply won’t do, as that’s something absolutely unheard of in the Stella home! For instance, we found a new favorite when we substituted that nameless high-carb root vegetable with healthy and light, yet filling, cauliflower. And even better, we piled them high with the best ingredients we could find!
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 6 minutes – Serves 4
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, if desired
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Add to the pot and boil for about 6 minutes until well done.
- Drain well, but do not let cool. Pat the cooked cauliflower between several layers of paper towels or place cauliflower in a colander and use a heavy bowl to press down on it to remove the excess water.
- Using a food processor or hand blender, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter, if desired.