Practical Tips from OAC
On the news tonight, they showed the hoardes of shoppers lined up outside of the shops tonight for those Black Friday deals.
I have to ask — do you partake in this yearly insanity?
I suppose if you DO – you might not be able to reply to this post because it's now 9pm EST and you might actually be pre-gaming and getting ready to slaughter other shoppers?
As a former retail salesperson I have never shopped on Black Friday on purpose, I have only WORKED on this day. I think this has warped my sense of necessity, forever. Adding that to the fact that I cannot drive, and I live nowhere near shopping — it's not feasible. Also, I am married to a man who works in a bank that does great business on Black Friday — so — he's never home to take me shopping even if I wanted to.
There's online shopping!
My kid's wish-lists are insane – but – Amazon my might some of it possible — I'll check tomorrow. Happy shopping/maiming!
- Shop Amazon – Black Friday Deals Week <– this link directly benefits my wishlist. It's appreciated and I love you.
“This is a really tricky question because there are a lot of people who feel that they couldn't have done it without these surgeries,” Jillian says.
“But I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t want to take away from the fact that there are people who have lost a good amount of weight from these surgeries, but that said, if you’re somebody who’s on the fence about it, it’s dangerous. Flat-out dangerous. Completely, 100-percent dangerous.”
Shit. I'm on that fence. WHAT DO I DO NOW?!
Jillian. Must you say things like this?
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Eggs are often a staple of a post bariatric surgery diet for those who can tolerate them. Sometimes eggs can be tricky and not your friend, but when they are? Eat up.
Eggs provide lots of nutrition and protein for about 70 calories each. They're also super-filling, which is a bonus after weight loss surgery.
Eggs are one of the least expensive sources of protein at about 20 cents a piece, and one egg can easily fill (or overfill) a gastric bypass belly.
You would be surprised (or not) at the fact that many people enjoy a good hard-boiled egg, but do not know how to cook one. You can even find pre-cooked and shelled hard-boiled eggs in the refrigerated section at the grocery store!
There's no fun in those, if you're planning to dye them for Easter this weekend however.
- PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling. REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.
- LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra large).
- DRAIN immediately and serve warm. OR, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.
- Cooling the eggs immediately avoids the green ring around the yolk, too.
Celebrate Vitamins announced it's new Celebrate Rewards program today!
How do you take advantage of Celebrate Rewards? It's simple:
1. Register on their site. Once registered, you will automatically be a member of our rewards program. If you were registered before we created Celebrate Rewards, then your account will be converted automatically.
2. Purchase your vitamins. Be sure that you sign in before placing your order.
3. Redeem Celebrate points for free or discounted products. You will be able to view your point balance from your account page and these points may be used at any time for the purchase of products from our website. Point balance will update once an order has been shipped. Points may be used at anytime once they are earned and they do not expire.
Whether you are a new or existing customer, you can now enjoy an additional benefit for choosing Celebrate Vitamins…
Image via Wikipedia
You may have noticed that I was food journaling for a brief time, and I quit. I told you before, I hate food journaling with an undying passion. It makes me want to eat more calories and play games with my calories, and I truly do not enjoy putting myself in diet-brain. When I am food journaling and see 1000 calories on the board, I may unconsciously just go to the kitchen and get a snack, because I've got room to spare, and so on and so forth.
It fails me.
Well, it worked at first. I lost weight. I lost a few of my regained pounds. I did. But. It stopped working. I stopped working. I am now maintaining without changing a damned thing, and it is frustrating to say the least.
So — what's the difference?
I was taking Topamax previously. And? I was easily maintaining my (lower) weight. I stopped taking it, oh… just about the time I GAINED WEIGHT!
Apparently that shit works. Why did I stop taking it? I ran out of my prescription — and my appointment for the my neurologist wasn't until March — now it's bumped to April. I called and begged for a refill. I take Topamax as it's an anti-convulsant, but it's also known for it's anti-appetite components. I didn't know if it helped me maintain my weight at all — but I think that's my clue.
I got a refill today, took half my daily dose and it kicked in immediately. I am in a brain cloud at the moment, please do not ask me anything important at this time, or maybe you should.
SMARTFORME BAR SALE ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!
(Did you sense the urgency in that message? ;) I am copy and pasting and prettifying the message I received is all.) They
recommend stocking up on bars in the Spring.
Save now and Avoid any melted product this summer.
Image via Wikipedia
I went shopping today to find an outfit or two to wear to the Obesity Help SO CA Weight Loss Conference.
I need MORE Slimpressions.
All of them. I want my WHOLE BODY COMPRESSED. I felt 100% more secure once my extra skin was, you know, IN PLACE. Not that I haven't had, you know, my belly squished into Spanx, but this was different. My arms were compressed, as well as my sides, back, belly and hips. And, it, um, gave me boobs. I'm a 36A. This made Things Appear Larger Than They Actually Are.
Here is the product on a model on the website:
Um. I took a blurry iPhone photo in the dressing room before I tried on an outfit, in only the shaper. Don't laugh, because I'm likely to delete it and run and cry.
Come to the –
- May 21-22 Costa Mesa CA
Join Celebrate on Facebook for updates, coupons and more contests!
Thanks! And, watch for MORE GIVEAWAYS!
Celebrate Reviews –
- Calcet Creamy Calcium Citrate Bites in Chocolate
- Celebrate Bariatric Supplements B-12 Sublingual Dietary Supplement
- Celebrate Bariatric Supplements Chewable Calcium Citrate
- Celebrate Bariatric Supplements Chewable IRON
- Celebrate Bariatric Supplements Multivitamin Chewable Mandarin Orange
- Celebrate Bariatric Supplements Multivitamin in GRAPE!
- Celebrate Bariatric Supplements New Chewable Multivitamin Flavor Cafe Latte
- Celebrate ENS Multivitamin & Calcium Drink Mix
- Celebrate ENS Multivitamin & Calcium Drink Mix WILD CHERRY