She bumps the goal up. Well, why NOT? I have a whole WEEK LEFT! One day left!
Thanks to a late-night donation, Team MM + BBGC reached my lofty $3000.00 goal for the Walk From Obesity in Natick, MA on April 28th, 2012. Go us!
I received 49 donations totaling more than $2200.00, including $500 from Wellesse Vitamins, huge support from Washington State BBGC Barbara Beck, Slimpressions and many MM and BBGC Members… THANK YOU!
The rest of my teammmates made up the remaining $800.00. Which MEANS? WE CAN DO MORE. You know why? Some team members haven't got a single donation yet!
- Reaching $2500.00 earns me prizes from the OAC – which (as you know) I give away to a lucky few donators!
- Reaching $3000.00 is wonderful! Thank you!
- But, if we hit $5000.00 for a single 2012 Walk From Obesity, I might implode.
In the years I have fundraised and walked (6-7 times now?) I have NEVER raised more than $3000.00 for a single event.
Let's blow that away.
"YOU can really make a difference in the lives of those touched by obesity. while advances have been made in the prevention and treatment of obesity, more remains to be done. It is estimated that nearly 93 million Americans are affected by obesity and that number is predicted to climb to 120 million in the next five years.
There is hardly a family anywhere that hasn't in some way been affected by obesity related illnesses. The Walk from Obesity combines an enjoyable event with the potential to raise significant sums for the fight against obesity."
To all of those who have already donated, I thank you. Very, very much!
- Watch for future Walks! http://www.facebook.com/walkfromobesity
- Get Involved! http://walkfromobesity.com/index.html